Since June of this year members of the Club 1872 Board have had a series of positive meetings with RIFC Chairman John Bennett and CEO James Bisgrove. The purpose of the meetings was to re-establish major shareholder engagement with RIFC.
We are pleased to say that those discussions have yielded not only an agreement to return to regular and meaningful dialogue between Club 1872 and RIFC but also a wider framework of cooperation whereby RIFC will extend its assistance, wherever possible, to helping Club 1872 develop for the benefit of the wider Rangers Community.
Subject to the approval of Contributors the following specific matters have been discussed and agreed in principle.
1. RIFC and Club 1872 will work together to identify suitable investment opportunities, which will enable the Club to carry out much needed redevelopment work at Ibrox while allowing the Club to prioritise funding on football related matters. This will both enable Club 1872 to grow its shareholding in the Club while at the same time funding initiatives which will benefit both the Club and the wider Rangers community. Details of the first such joint initiative will be shared with Contributors in the coming weeks.
2. Regular meetings will take place between Club 1872 and the CEO, James Bisgrove as well as meetings with the Chairman and other directors to facilitate and allow Club 1872 an opportunity to discuss important shareholder issues. In the coming weeks we will detail to Contributors how they can feed into those regular discussions.
3. In addition there will be at least two separate meetings throughout the season, specifically designed to give Contributors an opportunity to meet with and discuss shareholder issues with representatives of the Club. The first such meeting is proposed for Q1 of 2024 at which the CEO, accompanied by the Executive team; Karim Virani (Chief Commercial Officer), Nils Koppen (Director of Football Recruitment), James Taylor (Chief Finance Officer) and Creag Robertson (Director of Football Operations) will make a presentation on Club strategy until 2030. They will also take questions on a range of issues. The meeting will take place at Ibrox and will also serve as the Club 1872 annual Contributors meeting for 2023, with the 2024 meeting taking place in the summer.
4. Rangers will once again make office space available at Ibrox Stadium in the new year for Club 1872. This will allow us to better interact with Contributors and make it more convenient for them to engage directly with us.
5. Finally, Shareholder privileges such as VIP Hospitality tickets and Directors Box seating will be returned to Club 1872. This will allow us to return to hosting our Contributors in the Directors box in the new year and to once again provide Rangers-themed Contributor experiences throughout the year.
We would like to thank both John Bennett and James Bisgrove for engaging with us in recent months and we look forward to re-establishing a positive relationship with the RIFC board moving forward.< Back